The purpose of the Shaw University Booster Club is to support and promote all athletic programs at Shaw University. The Booster Club is comprised of alumni, friends and members of the Shaw University community that support the rich and proud tradition of Shaw University Athletics.
Over the years, the Booster Club has played a key role in raising funds in support of the Shaw University Athletics Program including:
- Awarding annual donations of up to $10,000 to the Athletics Program
- Responing to requests from Athletic Director to provide specific needs identified by coaching staff
- Donated $5,000 for new basketball scorers table
- Sponsored celebratory dinners for championship teams
- Providing meals to football team and cheerleaders at Homecoming games
- Providing meals to football team during spring training camps
- Providing office supplies to Athletics Department
We have raised funds through a number of fun and exciting ways: Raffles for cash and prizes, (including a brand new car!), hosting an annual Christmas Extravaganza, membership fees, charity sales participation, and Booster "Annual Giving Campaign" for Booster Club menbers.
All donations, assistance and support are always welcome and appreciated. Your contributions help us to continue our support of Shaw University Athletics. To make a contribution, please visit one of our events or contact one of our Booster Club officers at any time.